The seed library is all about. . .
- Encouraging our community to dig in and garden
- Reconnecting our community to the traditions of growing tasty, healthy food
- Educating our community about growing, harvesting and saving seeds
- Nurturing a culture of sharing, learning and abundance
Step 1: Choosing Seeds
Visit the library in person and search our Seed Library by the Collaboratory entrance. The seed collection was created with donations and with ongoing success will have a continual variety of seed choices. There will be different seeds available at different times.
All of the seeds are grouped into herbs, flowers or vegetables.
Step 2: Borrowing Seeds
To ensure a plentiful supply for the whole community, please take a maximum of 10 packets, with a maximum of 1 per type, from the Seed Library.
This seed library was created as a BSA Scouts Eagle Scout Project. The following donors generously contributed to make this project a success:
- Pettison Woodworking
- Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
- Bentley Seed Co.
- Burpee Seeds
- Chas C. Hart Seed Co.
- Home Depot – Wallingford
- Hudson Valley Seed Company
- Johnny’s Selected Seeds
- Lavoie Horticulture
- Lowes – Wallingford
- New England Seed Company